Our ERISA practice generally involves research, preparing materials and consulting on all ERISA, employee benefits and executive compensation matters. Our daily services include:
- Drafting, amending and providing advice on the operation and compliance of employee benefit plans (these plans include: tax-qualified retirement plans, 403(b) plans, non-qualified deferred compensation plans, health and welfare plans for employees and retirees, multi-employer (Taft-Hartley) pension and health plans, cafeteria plans and VEBAs.
- Drafting and revising summary plan descriptions and other employee communications.
- Discussing ERISA and employee benefit issues, and filing applications for determination letters or voluntary correction, with the IRS and Department of Labor.
- Researching and providing advice on executive compensation (including Code sections 162(m), 280G and 409A).
- Designing and drafting stock plans, stock option arrangements and other equity compensation plans.
- Providing advise on ERISA fiduciary duties, prohibited transactions, plan asset rules, reporting, disclosure, and other Title I matters;
- Drafting/review of financial products, trust agreements, investment management agreements and service agreements relating to employee benefit plans.
- Consulting on ERISA and employee benefits aspects of corporate transactions, such as asset and stock sales, loans, restructurings and public offerings (including drafting/reviewing language for transaction documents).
- Litigation (and litigation support for) ERISA matters, such as disability and health benefit claims.